Friday, July 13, 2012

I am going to be a TV star!

As I mentioned in my last post, I was asked to appear on a new show for Channel 9, Colorvision here in the Dominican Republic. The show is to be hosted by  Mariasela Alvarez and will go out from Monday to Friday between 10.30 and 11.30 pm. The programme is called "Tonight Mariasela" and will be a variety show which will be entertaining and involving a lot of interaction with the public.


Mariasela won the Miss World title for the DR in 1982, becoming the first Dominican to do so. She has brains as well as beauty, as she is an architect, but changed that career to enter television. She had a programme in 1996 with the same title as now and received the Casandra award four times for the Best Special Programme in Television. 

So it was decided to interview me, as a result of this blog and yesterday the team appeared.


They were very professional, and I thought I would just be sitting at a table and being interviewed, but it was not like that! We chatted a little first in the house and then went walkabout. Firstly to the colmado where we had a beer which proved to be very necessary for what followed next.


It was decided that I would ride my pasola with the interviewer behind. The only problem was that I haven't ridden it for over two years, and I was never very good at having a passenger on the back, nor at going round corners. Ten seconds of me driving was enough and the interviewer, whose name I have forgotten, swapped places with me and he took over. He  had never ridden a pasola in his life, but Michael Schumacher eat your heart out!


We flew around the barrio at 60 miles an hour, well it felt like that, being filmed all of the way and luckily made it back safe and sound.

All in all it was great fun, although my puppy, Meg was keen to join in on every occasion and tried her best to get in front of the camera whenever she could. Here she is having gone into the rubbish bin in the kitchen and getting the top of the bin stuck round her head. Then she has the nerve to say it wasn't her who went into the bin! No wonder my husband calls her a vira lata!


I think the programme with me in will air a week on Monday, the 22nd, but I will try and post a video of it here.

14 comments:

  1. Nunca me he detenido a ver ese programa pero esta vez estare pendiente,para no perdermelo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Miguel. I hope you enjoying watching it even though you haven't seen it before.

      Delete
  2. I am a chicken when it comes to riding a pasola. Meg is a very cute puppy. I am looking forward to watching your interview.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Mari. I used to ride my pasola all the time but the roads in the barrio are a bit rough and muddy at times, so I feel safer walking! Meg is half chow chow and half rottweiler, but looks like neither!

      Delete
  3. I would never get on one of those weapons of mass destruction on wheels.

    I hope you can post the segment, as I don't have local TV. Kudos to you for going through with it. I am way to private for this and have turned down some media appearances. It's not that I am shy, I just to keep my distance. So go you, next BBC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and post it somehow! Weapons of mass destruction lol! I know it is dangerous without helmet and right clothes but I love the freedom, and the wind blowing through my hair.

      I have no probs with media appearances, but I understand wanting to be private. But the world needs to know about your cooking!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are able to post a video, so your readers outside the RD will be able to see a star in the making, lol. Good luck. Your puppy is so cute, she does look very apologetic though, doesn´t she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sami. Will try and post video, just brush up on your Spanish! Puppy is well cute, but pain in ass too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Lindsay. I can't wait to see the interview. You should have your own reality show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anthony! Let's just hope it comes out OK!

      Delete
  7. You have the best life! Your blog is always a great source for a chuckle and a smile. THANK YOU! Diandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure about the best life Diandra! Glad it makes you laugh anyway!

      Delete
  8. How exciting, Lindsay! Good for you.
    It's our cats that we find with the bin lid stuck over their heads and shoulders ...

    ReplyDelete